Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cell Phone Glasses

One day I came up with the idea of hacking a Kinect Camera and mounting it to a pair of glasses. The 3D camera could read the hand gestures in front of your face. Combine that with the ability to superimpose information through augmented reality and you have yourself a 3D interface that appears to be floating in front of your face. Back, when I came up with this idea, I found these glasses and wanted to attach the kinect camera to them. http://www.vuzix.com/consumer/products_wrap920.html
An example of hacking a kinect to read your hand gestures to run the interface on your phone.

This is what it would look like if you could walk around and see augmented information.



Yes, I know that google and Apple are working on a pair of glasses, but I don't think they utilize the kinect camera for a way to interface. Google glasses video:

No comments:

Post a Comment