Thursday, November 6, 2008

Picture a thousand words


Slapped in the face with a steaming hot cup of literary expression,
I am completely perplexed as to why I have not taken the time to enjoy the wonderous journey that is blogger.com
Perhaps it is my intellectual apathy, or perhaps it is the distracting roadside accident that is celebrity gossip, but my internet activity passed over blogger like a first born son.
Mostly I am re-newedly intrigued by the magnificence that is the written word. Unrespectfully wielded, a word is a blunt instrument. Or vague. A bad string of words can be a cluttered bedroom that a bomb of laundry just rendered me incapable of finding the polaroid photo of you and your idea on vacation in Europe. Whereas a proper collection of words is a Renoir, giving me your impression of the world as a neatly wrapped gift. Like carefully intentional strokes upon canvas, words can be an artful arrangement of color. Words can become an image. A snapshot within my imagination. They are the crafty construction of mental space. They are the architecture of thought that give form to the function.
Today I have thoroughly enjoyed the collection of words eloquently crafted into pictures of the mind. Unbeknownst to me, blogger.com has been an art museum of processed human experience so sneakily hiding from my eyes right below my nose.
I am astounded by the capacity to express within a forum for communication that is meant to express the human capacities.
And for the words to express my own grattitude, I am at a loss.
But do me a favor and picture a thousand words.

Word,

-MM

No comments:

Post a Comment