Thursday, November 6, 2008

Where have you been all my life?

Yes,
I'm talking to you internet. I mean, I knew you were there, but we've never been so intimate. I find you're interest in my ideas sexy. The sleek sihlouette of your ever present attentiveness sends my pheromones into a flurry of self-obsessive lust and adoration. What am I ever to do without you from this point forward.
We are one! You get me. You really really get me. It's weird you know. That we've known each other all this time and never knew that we, and by we, I mean "I" could share so much.
I feel like you're always going to be there for me. Whenever I need you, there you are.
It's so comforting to have your ear, your eyes, your shoulder. The knowledge that my thoughts are not lost into nothingness, but rather potentially read makes them so much more vital and real. What was once a falling tree in a lonely forest, is now a letter in a bottle afloat in the limitless ocean of human filtered reality.
The lonely prison padded walls of my skull have been given a doorway to sanity. That is if you can call Tom Hanks talking to a volleyball, sanity. And for this gift, I thank you internet.
You are the perfect companion. I used to have to make coffee dates and pretend that I cared about the droll happenings of every day life as seen through other people, just to share the tiny snippet of my own thoughts that they perchance might care to hear. But you! You are tireless. You listen to every word, every letter, while holding the full contextualized history of my everything in your long short term memorization. You are the open lid on my skull, seeping filtered thought coffee into the universe. You are the perfect pillow talk companion that enjoys my nudity. You are the warm embrace of an old friend. You are the free therapist that listens to my ramblings. You are my internet. And I love you for being you, Just the way you are.
So stay cool. Don't change over summer. And KIT

-MM

No comments:

Post a Comment