Thursday, November 6, 2008

I hate dinosaurs a Shameless rant*

For future reference "*" means this is an old blog from myspace that I have chosen to add in no particular order:

Original Post June 3, 2007


I hate Dinosaurs!!!!

I just got out of a meeting, and they might as well have been from another planet. Sometimes you click and sometimes you silently scream inside your head and fantasize about bolting out of the door, leaving a smoky cloud version of yourself in your seat like a roadrunner cartoon. I will refrain from going into too much detail, and will only say that what was to be a friendly business meeting with a potential client has left me so aggrevated, I nearly scratched my own eyes out. The low point of the meeting was when the lady actually told me that she prefers VHS tapes over DVD's because she always accidentally hits the stop button?!? Are you serious? Then don't hit it! Is your horse and buggy parked out back too? Do you prefer it over a car because you don't like hitting the brakes instead of saying 'whooa.'
It's really not their fault for being oldschool. I feel them, I really do. It's gotta be hard to work without opposable thumbs. All things change eventually, and the world moves pretty fast. So at some point you have to realize that you have to change with it. Here, have a beer with my homey Chuck Darwin and evolve by the time I get back.
Thanks :) XO XO

They were so terrible at running a meeting and were pretty rude actually. I couldn't answer a question without someone interrupting, or getting up to check an email. Fuck! You scheduled this shit, couldn't you have checked it before I got here or after the Me shaped smoky roadrunner cloud dissipates? And, No Thank You, for the third time! I don't want coffee! And Yes! I'm sure that I don't want a cup of your Year old Folgers with no cream or sugar, and what appears to be their old logo. Okay, Fine, I'll have one if it'll help get us back to the meeting we already started. Maybe I would have said yes the first time if you had bothered to make it before I came and not in the middle of a Fucken Meeting! I was so confused because the information presented was so jumpy, out of order, and incoherent that I felt like I was watching a student film. They really had absolutely no idea what they were even talking about. I think she was just throwing out words that she's heard before without ever bothering to find out what they mean. 'Internet, Computers, flying cars n stuff. . .'

Plus! Please do not purposely schedule your vendor meetings at the same time so that I know that there's competition. I don't care! Sorry to foil your 1980's business strategy, but my rate is the same. But thanks for making things awkward.

I hate turning down business, but if our initial meeting frustrated me this bad, working together is going to be a bad experience for both of us.

Dinosaurs only belong in two places. Micheal Crichton movies and the museum.
They definitely do not belong on my client list!



I actually wrote this a while back and posted it as a bulletin to my friends, but People kept telling me they read it and thought it was funny, so I thought I would share it with the world.



Currently watching:
Walking With Cavemen
Release date: 17 June, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment